Frequently Asked Questions About Our Services
We want to simplify the auto detailing process by providing our Fenton customers with straightforward responses to some frequently asked questions.
- What should I expect when I arrive? A friendly, energetic and professional team who cares about your car as much as you do will greet you and explain the different packages available.
- What kind of cleaning products do you use? At Fast Lane Mobile Wash & Detail LLC, we only use Lane's Car Products, our own exclusive brand of Professional Car Car Products.
- Why does the paint finish on my car look streaky and dull? This lackluster appearance is often a sign of oxidation, which occurs as paint ages and decays from exposure to road oils and sunlight. You can decrease the process by washing your vehicle frequently, applying a sealant regularly and coating it with a hand wax at least annually.
- How do I protect my clearcoat? A sealant creates a barrier that helps protect clearcoated surfaces from corrosive elements, such as ultraviolet rays and airborne contaminants. Other destructive factors include tree sap, acids from leaf stains, bug spatter and bird droppings. All of these can eat through the clearcoat and cause permanent damage.
- What is headlight restoration? Headlight Lens Restoration helps restore the clarity back to headlight lenses that have become yellow, hazed, scratched, dull or cloudy over time. Headlight restoration not only helps the overall appearance of your vehicle, it also improves nighttime/bad weather visibility and clarity.
- How often should I wax my car? For vehicles driven daily, we recommend applying wax every 3 months. More frequent waxing may be needed if your car is red, black or white, as these colors are more susceptible to acid rain and UV rays.
- What is the best time of year to have my car detailed? Prior to a season change is the best time to have your car detailed. Prior to summer to protect your car from the harmful rays of the sun and heat. Just as prior to winter or rain months to protect your car from rain water, snow and salt. Each season throughout the year has elements that can be harmful to your vehicle.
- Is it safe to use automatic car washes? Automatic car washes, especially touch-less washes, use harsh detergents and acid presoaks that can strip away wax or sealant and dry out your clear coat. Sealants and waxes used at automatic washes do not provide the protection they claim and can actually harm painted surfaces, trim and glass, and may cause damage to mirrors and vehicle’s underside. Spending a small amount of money on an automatic car wash may eventually cost you a lot more time and money in the end. Have your vehicle professionally cleaned by hand to ensure these things do not happen to your vehicle.
- Can I drop my vehicle off before or after hours? Absolutely! The mail slot is in our garage door of Lane’s Professional Car Products labeled “Key Drop”. All you have to do is park your car in our parking lot and drop the keys in the drop box and you’re all set to go.
- How far ahead should I call for an appointment?Generally, appointments are available within a day or so. Although, during the busier spring and summer months, you should plan on as far out as a week in advance.
- How much time should I expect to leave my car for a detail? In most cases, we will have the work completed on your vehicle that day by 5 or 6 pm.
- Can I get a ride home or to work? We try to make it convenient for you to get your car to us and can help you out with a ride home or to work as long as it is within a few miles, just ask us!
- My interior has stains. Can you get them out? We are very successful removing all types of stains from fabric and carpet. Food based stains such as: Cola, coffee, grease, oil and ground in dirt are seldom a problem for us to remove. Some of the problem stains that may not be eliminated completely are red food dye (like in red beverages) and multiple coffee spills in light colored fabrics.
Contact Us Today
We hope the answers to these questions can help our Fenton customers understand the auto detailing process at Fast Lane Mobile Wash & Detail LLC Please contact us with any unanswered questions at (636) 262-1205. We are here to serve you.